Out of all the places I have traveled to so far, the most time I’ve spent in is Manhattan in New York City, totalling around 2.5 weeks. Yes, this place is so expensive to visit. Ridiculously expensive. And yet, putting cost aside, New York has so much to offer, that I think anyone can have a fun time in this city.
In the words of Taylor Swift: Walking through a crowd // The village is aglow // Kaleidoscope of loud heartbeats // Under coats // Everybody here wanted something more // Searching for a sound we hadn’t heard before // And it said // Welcome to New York // It’s been waiting for you.
HERE’S A GROWING LIST OF REASONS WHY #ILOVENY:
- Necessities are always just within a few blocks away
- Subways = no traffic
- The fast-paced energy
- Three CHANEL boutiques within a 10-mile radius
- Shopping Mecca of the United States
- Old-school skyscrapers
- Gridded streets mean never getting totally lost
- Central Park. ’nuff said.
- Cornucopia of delectable food
- Street vendors selling nuts
- Steam billowing out of the streets from the underground
- Brick roads and townhouses
- Yellow Taxi Cabs
- Broadway Plays
- Breakfast at Tiffany’s
- Humans of New York
- No such thing as jaywalking
- Fashionable New Yorkers
- Fast-walk or GTFO
- Home of the original cronut
- Doormen in cool uniforms
I don’t know when I’ll be visiting the Big Apple again, as there is so many other places that I have yet to explore. But if I had my way, I would be a bi-coastal person: living in both Los Angeles (in the “colder” weather) and New York (in the warmer weather).
Ah, daydreaming is always a nice activity.